Sunday, October 31, 2010

Seedfolks and more on the MGRP

I was so excited at the beginning of this semester when I saw we had to read the book, Seedfolks.  I had read it a very long time ago as a child and I remember loving it.  I still love it!  I just enjoy reading about positive experiences.  As readers, we are introduced to a sad, poor, dirty Ohio city area and it is transformed by one little girls actions.  It is just wonderful to read the different characters thoughts and opinions as they begin becoming a part of the garden!
I also continued to read about the MGRP and I love the idea of showing characters and not telling about them.  I feel as though it is a writing technique that I myself should be trying to improve upon.  One thing, I guess you could say makes me disappointed, is that we didn't write our MGRP's on people.  I loved reading chapter 7 about how people dress and act out their researched person and I feel as though I would maybe get more excited about the project!  I am sure it would be very embarrassing, but I feel as though there are a lot more options for multiple genres when you are focusing on a person. 

1 comment:

  1. Reading the books (Allen and Hale) about writing is so beneficial. It is good to have crafts and techniques brought to our attention.

    ReplyDelete